Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Classes

Yesterday we began classes. Spanish classes run for only four weeks down here, and after the four weeks you can advance to the next level of Spanish. I'm starting in intermediate one this month, next month I move to intermediate two, and then in June I will be in advanced one. I'm truly enjoying the experience of speaking Spanish almost all day long both in school as well as in my home.
Spanish classes run from 8 am until noon. Then elective classes begin any time after 1. Currently I have one class every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, which is my Spanish class. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have my Spanish class in the morning as well as a communication class in the afternoon from 1 pm until 3 pm. My class sizes are small, similar to class sizes at home. My Spanish class has 6 people and my communication class has only 2!
Even though it is only the second day of classes, I feel like I am starting to remember more and more Spanish that I thought I had lost. Currently my class is working on past tense verbs, it has been a great review hearing myself speak, as well as seeing myself write. My spelling has not been the greatest yet, especially the accents on words!
I know I will get better with each day, which is exactly what I want to happen!
Pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment